FIT FOOD PROJECT #2: LOWCARB FITZZA WITH CHICKEN DOUGH
LESS CARBOHYDRATES, MORE PROTEIN
The pizza that goes with the Sunday movie on the sofa is a pleasure that even the biggest fitness freak should be able to enjoy without wanting to starve themselves the next day to compensate. Is there a low-regret pizza? Yes, and not only that, it is also high in protein.
We present the homemade pizza with chicken dough. A low carbohydrate version, since it eliminates flour from the dough and replaces it with chicken, so it is a gluten-free and high-protein pizza perfect for athletes. No pizza, no gain.
Low-carb chicken dough pizza recipe by Nutrimeals
Low-carb, gluten-free, keto.
· Preparation time: 10 min.
· Cooking time: 40 min.
· Portions: 4 portions
· 300 g chicken breast
· 1 egg or, if you are looking to reduce fat, 2 egg whites
· Dough condiments: smoked paprika, · Low fat cheese
· Cherry tomatoes
· Optional toppings: mushrooms and red onion.
· Cut the chicken breast into small cubes.
· Put the chicken cubes next to the egg and the seasonings for the dough in the food processor.
· Whizz it all to form a paste.
· Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the pasta.
· Cover the dough with plastic film and knead it with a rolling pin until you get the pizza shape you want. Remove the film.
· Preheat the oven to 180º and cook the pizza for 30-40 minutes.
· Remove the pizza from the oven.
· Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves or quarters and crush them with a mortar next to the basil. Spread the sauce over the cooked pizza dough.
· Add cheese, mushrooms and red onion.
· Bake it again until the cheese melts completely and remove it from the oven.
Nutritional Information by Nutrimeals (100 g)
• Kcal: 147 kcal
• Carbohydrates: 1,7 g
• Fiber: 0,4 g
• Proteins: 18,4 g
• Fats: 7,3 g
• Sodium: 170,5 mg
• Magnesium: 17,2 mg
NUTRI-TIP: DO YOU WANT IT WITH EVEN LIGHTER?
Replace the cheese with nutritional yeast.
TASTY-TIP: DO YOU WANT IT EVEN TASTIER?
Add a dash of truffle oil and fresh basil leaves.